- DMCA Compliance: Limit Your Copyright Infringement Liability
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) creates procedures to limit liability for copyright infringement by online “service providers.” Compliance with the DMCA’s requirements is an easy way to limit your association’s liability for copyright- infringing user-generated content posted on your website.
- Works-for-Hire Under Copyright Law
Learn how to ensure that the organization for whom a work was prepared owns copyright in the work.
- Copyright "First-Sale" Doctrine
Understand the potential impact of a recent Supreme Court decision on association publication sales.
- Impact of New Top-Level Domain Names
Be aware of potential changes in Internet domain names and prepare to protect your names, trademarks and reputation.
- The Laws of 'Linking'
Learn what is permissible before your association chooses to ‘link’ to other websites.
- 10 Essentials for Protecting Your Trademarks
Learn ten important things to know about registering and protecting trademarks.